The English language section prepares future English teachers for primary and lower secondary schools. Double-major students can either study in a full-time or part-time learning form:
- the three-year Bachelor's degree English Language in Education,
- and the follow-up two-year Master's degree Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language.
Our research activities focus on:
- Innovative methods in FLT and intercultural competences of foreign language teachers and learners.
- Innovative methods of teaching foreign languages in special schools.
- Innovative methods and intercultural communication in foreign language teaching.
- The perception of the US in Central European environment and its effect on educating future English teachers.
We also offer extension studies as part of the life-long learning programme:
- English Language – Primary and Lower Secondary School Teacher Training (two-year),
- English Language – Upper Secondary School Teacher Training (one-year),
- Supplementary ELT Methodology Course (one-semester).
These study programmes are opened based on demand and capacity. These programmes are designated for university graduates with a teaching focus. Information also at the Centre of Lifelong Education - http://new.ccv.upol.cz/en/.
We also provide a range of language-methodology seminars for teachers and seminars for mentors as part of the framework of further specialised teacher training.